Wireless/WiFi Network Installation and Services
The wireless networking market is growing rapidly as businesses discover the productivity benefits of going wire-free. The increased mobility that WiFi networks offer has proven beneficial in operations throughout manufacturing facilities, warehouses, transportation depot, hotels, airports, hospitals, colleges, large enterprises, convention centers cities/municipalities as well as rural areas. Other benefits such as ease of use, installation speed and flexibility, and reduced cost of ownership make wireless networks an extremely attractive solution for your organization.
IPS has developed a distinct competency in executing Hospitality industry WiFi rollouts. We are a "one stop shop" for all of your organization’s network infrastructure needs.
Wireless / WiFi Configurations and Applications
Below is a sample of some of the WiFi network configurations we have installed:
- Enterprise WiFi Hotspots
- Wireless / WiFi For Multimedia (business telephone / voip, CCTV, hand held scanners, point of sale / POS, digital signage, paging and music systems, etc.)
- High Capacity WiMAX
- Multi-Service Mesh Networks
- Point to Point Wireless
- Point to Multi-Point Wireless
- Fixed Wireless Access
- Wireless VOIP
- Mobile Wireless Access
- Wireless Video Surveillance
- Public Safety Solutions
Common applications include:
- Business customer aggregation
- Enterprise/Campus Inter-building Connectivity
- City-wide Municipal Networks
- Wireless Backhaul/Circuit Replacement
Wireless / WiFi and Wired Equipment Installation
IPS can fit equipment to your needs. Some of the equipment we have installed to date includes (but not limited to):
- Load Balancers
- WiFi Access Points
- Managed and Unmanaged Switches
Project Coordination and Management
At IPS you have single point of contact, our engineers will work with your decision makers to advise you on the latest technologies and best solutions for your business. Our goal is to provide your company with a wireless network that will grow with you in the future.
WiFi / WLAN Design and Engineering
Deployment of a wireless network requires careful planning. Business requirements and objectives need to be evaluated and a site survey must be undertaken to determine possible sources of interference. WiFi Networks can be tricky to implement in high interference areas, be incompatible with existing equipment and can open up security risks. WLANs are best used in addition to - rather than a replacement to wired networks. Our engineers will assure proper planning when designing and implementing your wireless network. The complexity of your network will vary depending on the obstacles within and the size of your facility.
A site survey is always performed first. This is a physical survey of the customer's premises to locate the best possible places to install access points and ensure 100% wireless coverage and optimum performance.
Before installing any wireless devices we perform tests within a site. This is recommended because various obstacles such as doors, walls, mirrors,and elevator shafts might affect the radio frequency pattern, causing it to be irregular and unpredictable. Even with omni-directional antennas, radio waves do not travel the same distance in all directions. Our test can also detect any radio interference that might come from other sources and could affect the performance of the wireless LAN negatively. The ultimate goal of the site survey is to help determine the number and placement of the access points.
Access Points - WLAN Installation
IPS can integrate the WiFi system into your current network as well as install all the required wireless equipment and certify its operation. All cabling and power runs should be done and tested prior to the installation of access points.
Below is a list of activities that one might expect during an installation:
- Mounting of access points
- Installation of enclosures on case-by-case basis (physical security)
- Mounting of antennas
- Connection of antennas to access points
- Connection of Backbone LAN to access points
- Connection of power to access points
- Installation and connection of remote power system
- Verification of coverage
Configuration of access points and hardware to include:
- Radio information (SSID, channel, bit rate)
- IP addresses
- Verification of backbone connectivity
Wired Network Installation and Management
- Installation and configuration services for switches and routers
- Installation and configuration services for ISP load balancing of internet bandwidth
- Installation and configuration services for IP Telephone systems and associated applications
- Installation and configuration services for Wireless networks
- We monitor your Site’s ISP connection and any other internal monitoring required
- Combined with our 24/7/365 support we strive to be proactive and timely
Customer Service and Support
IPS’s Technical Operations Center is available 24 hours per day/365 days per year providing multi-vendor support. Our team of highly qualified engineers operate best practice escalation procedures and senior level engineers are available when required.